Saturday, May 28, 2011

A good day to see the sites....

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Yesterday wasn't a very good site seeing day.  Dad woke up with a kink in his neck and the day went down hill from there.  We took off to see the sites and take pictures, but as we drove Dad felt worse.  You could see clouds of yellow pollen falling out of the pine trees, so Dad's allergies kicked up, and he got a splitting headache.  Then, I ended up pulling a muscle in my shoulder and could hardly walk.  Dad had to carry me out of the truck.  Mom was fine (thank goodness), and she fed us dinner and put us to bed.  I finally had to get up about 9:30 pm, so Mom carried me outside and stood in the fog/rain for over an hour until I found just the right spot to do my business.  By the time I got done, my shoulder was fine! I guess I just worked the kinks out - but, I don't understand why Mom didn't want to play and explore in the dark and fog/rain. 

Well, that was yesterday and today is a new day and Dad and I are just fine and Mom is tired!  After Mom made us omelets for breakfast, we drove up to Provincetown to see the sites.  On the way, we took a lot of side trips to the National Parks and to the sea shore, and Mom was able to take some better pictures because the sun came out too.  On the way home, Mom treated Dad and I to ICE CREAM!  YUMMMMM!  (I only got a little cup of vanilla.)  When we got home, Dad took Mom to dinner at the place where Dad bought the lobster the other day.  I guess it must have been good, because they didn't bring me any leftovers!



One of the many windmills we have seen


A place to rest and watch the salt marshes


Light house at the Cape Cod National
Sea Shore National Park

Dad and Me testing the water - COLD!

The road leaving Provincetown

A great day to be at the beach!
On Tuesday, Dad said we are going to go on a ferry ride to Martha's Vineyard, and he said they will let me go on the ferry and the bus tour!  Finally a place that likes dogs!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try sending a message, one more time. Hello from Idaho. Snowed here today. I see that green grass of New York and I have "Bessy envy". That is right Bessy, I envy you. Bessy, I will tell you this, once a man starts on a lobster tail, there is only one way to end, that is when the lobster is all gone. He will bring you some other treat. Lyn and Hal, enjoy each day. You are making great memories. Love you, Gog

    ReplyDelete