Saturday, August 20, 2011

Too busy to post on the blog.......................

Saturday, August 20, 2011

OK, OK - I KNOW, I KNOW!  I haven't posted to the blog!  It's just that I have been SOOOO BUSY with Duke!  You know how these guys are when you ignore them for too long!  Duke keeps me really busy.  We have to check on the cows and chickens, and Mom, and Aunt Nori, and Dad, and Uncle Del, and the two new kitty's, and the ducks and EVERYTHING!  Mom and Dad said I have been a pretty good girl so they have pretty much let me off my leash and chain and I have the run of the yard - most of the time.  If I don't come when they call me, they tie me up for a while.

Anyway, we have had a very relaxing week.  Mom and Dad have done a few things to the truck and trailer while Duke and I played most of the time.  He's pretty good about sharing his ball with me.  Uncle Del will throw it, Duke fetches it, and I steal it!  It's a fun game!

Yesterday, Mom and Aunt Nori (mostly Aunt Nori), baked all day.  They did two double batches of zucchini bread and some wheat bread.  Aunt Nori's garden is spitting out zucchinis like crazy.  And, Aunt Nori and Uncle Del have been very busy with raspberries, broccoli, and green beans too.  Here's some pictures from "down on the farm".

Chickens having a hen party in the shade of the pine tree.


This is next year's prime rib - YUM!


So you think you are soooo tough, do you - I'll show ya!!


I WIN (this round)!


My buddy Duke
Isn't he handsome??


This little guy got trapped on the wrong side of the fence -
I felt sorry for him because he was crying for his mom on
the other side!!








Dad said we will be leaving Monday to go to the coast - YIPPEE more beaches!!  Aunt Nori and Uncle Del have to get ready to go on some trips too, so we will get out of their hair.  Dad said we will spend about a week or so on the coast, then work our way home.  Mom and Dad really aren't in too much of a hurry, because when we get home we will be homeless!  The people leasing the house have signed up for another year, so we will be on the lookout for a place to live for a while.

Tomorrow, my parents are going to take Duke's parents out to dinner to thank them for their hospitality.  Mom said I have to buy Duke some more tennis balls for him because I lost one and chewed up another one!  Mom said she was going to take it out of my allowance - I didn't even know I was getting one!!!

Until later..............

No comments:

Post a Comment