Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hopewell Rocks and the 42 foot TIDE!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

We saw the Hopewell Rocks today. They are also sometimes called the Flower Pot Rocks. When we got there the tide had started to come back in, but we were allowed down on the beach for 40 minutes before we had to be back up the stairs. Mom and Dad wandered around, and I ran circles around them because they couldn’t let me off the leash. We started to go back to the stairs and the water had risen so much that Mom and Dad had to wade through the water to get around a big rock that was covered in sea weed – I just went into four paw drive and with my low center of gravity, I was able to scramble up and over the seaweed to get out of there! (I don't know if I can swim yet!)  When we got to the top of the stairs with everybody else, Dad took me over and WASHED my tummy! He said I was DIRTY! Anyway, we got back in the car and went for a little ride and a couple of hours later we went back to see how high the water had come up. The guide said that today the tide was 42 feet! Mom went down the stairs and there were Kayaks where we were walking just a few hours earlier. When Mom first got down to the stairs, the first one was dry, and in a few minutes it was covered completely with water!

I made a new friend while we were waiting for Mom – I don’t know her name but she was really sweet (tasting) and she gave me hugs while I washed her face!

Mom and Dad went out to dinner, and this time they brought me a bite of haddock and a scallop! YUUMMMMM! I really like seafood!


The tide is actually starting to come back
in - taken between 9:30 am and
10:00 am


The tide is still coming in
taken between 12:30 pm and
1:00 pm


Tide is out...

 
We are leaving tomorrow and heading for P.E.I. That’s Canadian talk for Prince Edward Island. Dad said we should have Internet service where we are going – hope so!
...tide is in.
MY prints on the beach!

Mom and Dad said I was DIRTY!
Getting a hug from my SWEET new friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment