Sunday, March 27, 2011

On to Savannah, Georgia!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

We left '"fish camp" yesterday and traveled up to Savannah, GA.  Mom got a better picture of my friend Spiro (that's the correct spelling of his name).  He seemed a little sad to see us pack up and go.

Saying good-by to my buddy Spiro
As we drove, the air got REALLY heavy with smoke.  Mom said she heard on the news that there were a lot of forest fires in Georgia, and we drove right through the middle of one of them.

Forest fire in Georgia (we actually saw some flames)
We are staying just south and west of Savannah proper in a real nice site called Savannah Oaks.  Mom spent Saturday afternoon catching up on the laundry while Dad and I went for a walk.  It started to rain a little bit when we were walking, and today it REALLY rained!  Dad was going to cook dinner on the Bar-B-Que, tonight, (Sunday) but we ended up with soup and grilled cheese sandwiches instead.  Mom said I was going to have to learn how to swim if I was going to get out to the truck.  There was a lot of bright flashes of light in the sky (lightening) and thunder too!  There were a few tornadoes to the West of us, but they never got close.

Before the rain started, we went for a quick ride to the "City" and Mom did a bit of shopping.  I think she is glad to be in civilization again - fish camp was OK, but I think she likes this a little better, even tho we are way out of town and in the forest.

Mom has been looking on line for a day care for me so she and Dad can go site seeing - I'll get to play with some new friends while Mom and Dad look at old buildings - I think I'll get the better end of this deal!

Some of the old buildings downtown.

Oak trees lining one of the streets in old town Savannah, GA
























I'm not sure about tomorrow - but, I'm never sure what will happen tomorrow!  Oh, and my bug bite is all better.  Mom and Dad decided to stop giving me those antibiotics (only had two and thew up both times), but I'm all better now and raring to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment