Friday, November 19, 2010

Castles and Elephant Seals

Friday, November 19, 2010

Today we took off for the coast again and Mom and Dad went to Hearst Castle.  It was really foggy and rainy, so Mom's pictures didn't turn out too well.  She told Dad she would like to go back when it's not quite so foggy.  They said it was really interesting and HUGE.  Of course, I had to stay in the truck, but at least I didn't have to wander around in the rain - like they did!

This is the swimming pool!





Castle in the fog.....








Stacked up like cord wood!
 

After that we went up the coast to a place where Elephant Seals gather and mate - what ever that is...the big males aren't here yet, but they looked plenty big to me! They make funny sounds and they smell funny too...


There were volunteers there teaching us about them.  They say the BIG males will be here in December and January to fight for the females and mate - what is mating anyway???  Mom said I don't have to worry about that because I have been "fixed" - I don't know what that means either.......so much to learn!


This is one of the SMALL ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment