Friday, October 15, 2010

We've got some pictures added now!!

OK, Mom said it was time to get busy and update my blog, so here goes...the last thing you read about was the Dinosaur tracks and our trek across the Navajo country on that LOOOOONNNNGGGG dirt road.  Since then, this is what has been happening:

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Let's see.  On this day Dad and I stayed pretty much close to camp and squared away the fishing gear - a lot of good that stuff did us - we didn't get any fish! 


Antelope Canyon!
 Mom left us at camp and went on this really neat tour of a place called Antelope Canyon.  It's what they call a "slot canyon" - it's really narrow, and made from the water erosion in the sandstone.  You can only get in there with a Navajo Guide and Mom said she had a really good one.  He helped her and everyone else out on the tour to take some really cool pictures of this place.  The ride out there was quite an adventure in itself - she road in the back of this truck with seats in it and the road was nothing more that a wash.  They've had some rain here last week when we were on the North Rim, so there was "fresh" sand everywhere.  It's something Mom has always wanted to do, so now she says she can cross this off her list - not that she wouldn't go back given the chance.

Uh Oh - Looks like we won't be able to add pictures until later - VERY SLOW Internet connection here...sorry :>(

OK - on we go.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reflection in the Colorado
River in the Glen Canyon
Well!!  This day was really sucky for me!!  I ended up staying at a Vet Clinic for the day -
no I'm not sick or hurt - but, Mom and Dad went on this day long float trip down Glen Canyon and said I would be better off here - HA! - (don't they know I like boats too?).  Any way, they started at the Glen Canyon Dam and went down about 15 miles until they got to Lee's Ferry.  Mom took some really cool pictures and she will add them later.  I sure was happy to see them at the end of the day - they BOTH got kisses!!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Today was moving day - we drove to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon - WOW!  Another deep canyon even bigger than the other ones I've seen!  We will see more of it tomorrow.

Friday, October 15, 2010

WOW - what a fun day...I got to go EVERYWHERE Mom and Dad went (even into the museum)!  Mom took tons of pictures and I made a lot of new friends - Tucker was my favorite.  He was just a puppy, but he was real small and he had to stand up on his hind legs (like I do with Duke), to box me around.  A lot of people wanted to take pictures of me too.  Mom said we should charge people to pay for the trip!  It seems (almost) every body likes a Basset hound!  There was this one guy that wasn't very friendly and he nipped at my nose and made it bleed - why is my nose always getting bloody? - guess I should be careful where I put it (ya think, Bessy?). 




WOW, that first step is a
BIG one Dad!!

South Rim Grand Canyon

We must have walked a hundred miles today!  Boy, am I pooped!  (Dad and I are napping as Mom works on this.)  I got to walk out on the edge of the Rim and up on the rock walls so I could see over the edge - I think that made Mom a little nervous - she started to call me a mountain goat (what ever that is).

We also saw Rock Squirrels, a lizard, and some really funny looking plants - Mom got pictures of them all!  Then we saw some really BIG critters.  Dad said they were Elk - they sure are a lot bigger than the deer I see in my front yard. There was a really nice looking buck in the bunch and he sure had a lot of girl friends and kids with him.

BULL Elk!
 
Well, that's pretty much it for now.  Tomorrow we are moving on again to a place called Monument Valley.  I'll let you know whats there the next time I have Mom update my blog - until later...(maybe we will have better connection and Mom can add those pictures tomorrow.)



1 comment:

  1. Wow Can't wait to see the pictures. Told Bessis to watch her nose. Love A. Nori

    ReplyDelete