Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friday, October 29, 2010

Look how flat this is - I bet I could sniff
out there for DAYS!

We got to Holbrook, AZ before noon today - of course there was an hour difference from New Mexico.  Mom says she's not sure what time it is or where we are at most of the time (I think she is getting senile).  After lunch, we went to the Petrified Forrest National Park.  The drive to the park was VERY boring.  I was starting to have my doubts - it was sooooo flat and there was absolutely NOTHING to see out there.  Dad said it was so flat for so far that you can see the curvature of the earth (I guess the earth is round?)  

 Anyway, at the park they had these logs that had turned into stone - Mom said they were even older that Dad!  They were scattered all over the place and it was really cool because they let me come along - a lot of Parks don't like dogs - so it is a real treat when they let me wonder on the trails.  Mom took a lot of pictures - these things sure are colorful!  We also found the warm weather - mom and Dad were dressed pretty warm, so we all got real hot.  Dad said that my tongue was hanging down to my left knee cap - which when you think about it - it really isn't THAT far!

Petrified log at the park.


More petrified wood.

Painted Desert.

The Petrified Forrest National Park is connected to the Painted Desert National Park, so of course, we went there too. They say if you fly over the park, it looks like someone tie-died the valley floor. I'm not sure what tie-dying is, but anyway, it was real colorful here too.




Well, that was our day today.  Tomorrow we will be moving on again (only one night here).  We will be moving farther West - somewhere closer to Sedona, AZ.  I will let you know where we end up, when we get there!
 

Where to next?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment