Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We made it to Mickey's place....

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We went to Trenton, FL yesterday and ended up in this really nice campground called Otter Springs Park in Trenton.  We all really liked this place - it was in the woods and smelled so good!  Lots of trees, big camping spaces and lots of acorns - which I ate while Mom and Dad weren't looking - and then I got sick in the middle of the night.  Mom was NOT a happy camper about that!  I got in trouble...

Our rig under the big Oak trees.


We got into Kissimmee, FL a little after 1:00 pm and got all set up and Mom and Dad changed into shorts and they have big smiles on their faces now - it's in the 70's and it's supposed to be in the 80's by Friday. I laid out on my rug and got some sun on my tummy - have to keep my freckles tan.  Mom found a place for me to stay while she and Dad go to see Mickey.  They are going to do that on Thursday and Friday and maybe Saturday.  I guess this is a really big place and takes days to explore everything.

Mom finally told me what the big surprise is in Titusville, FL - WE ARE GOING TO TRY AND SEE THE SPACE SHUTTLE LAUNCH!  The launch is supposed to be on February 24th, so keep your fingers crossed that it goes up on time!  We will be moving down there on Sunday, February 20th.  Mom had a heck of a time finding a place to park the trailer, but she found one.  Dad called his cousin in that neck of the woods, and he has a stepson who has a dock that looks right out on to the launch pad!  Dad call him and they said we can come over and watch the launch from their place.  The launch will be at 4:50 pm in the afternoon (Mom thought it was in the AM - she can't tell time yet - but, then again, neither can I).  Anyway, I guess this is a really big deal because there will only be two more space shuttle launches after this one, so keep your fingers crossed for a good count down...I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment