Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Shuttle Launch fever...................

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dad took Mom and I for a ride today.  We were going to go to the beach, but, everything was closed because of this shuttle launch thing!  I guess they have to be real careful about people getting too close - you have to be at least three miles away when it goes up or you could get killed.  Maybe it isn't like a bottle rocket...

Mom said I was all set for the launch now.........(boy this is dumb!)

When Mom and Dad went to the Kennedy Space Center they bought a few souvenirs - Mom thought I looked good in her hat...I'm not so sure..............

There are RVs, tents, trucks and everything all lined up along the river already waiting for the launch tomorrow.  I guess this really is a big deal.  The TV is saying that they are expecting record crowds because this is the last mission for this shuttle - then it will be retired and be sent to the Smithsonian.  This shuttle is the oldest and has traveled the most miles of all of the shuttles.

Sure hope Mom and Dad can get some good pictures of this thing after all of the trouble of getting everything together - keep your fingers crossed for them.  Maybe tomorrow I'll have some good pictures of this event....

No comments:

Post a Comment