Friday, January 7, 2011

Lunch with relatives

Friday, January 7, 2011

Today Mom and Dad drove to Harlingen, TX, a little town between Donna, TX and Port Isabel, TX, and met Mom's Aunt and Uncle from Iowa.  They come down here and stay for the winter because Iowa is too cold in the winter.  They had a great visit and Mom brought me a sample of their lunch (brisket sandwich). They were very nice to me and scratched my ears.  Mom's Aunt is doing very well considering she had a stroke (aneurism) this past August.  Mom was thrilled to see them, as she hasn't seen them since they came out to Nevada years and years ago to visit.

On the way home, Mom and Dad decided that we are going to stay here another week.  Dad thinks the weather in Dallas might warm up a bit in a week or so (it's cold up there now).  We went to the office and we have to move to another site next Tuesday, but it's just down the road a few spaces from where we are, so I'll still get to play with Rowdy - he's my new best friend - we get to play whenever Dad takes me for a walk and he is outside.  He's a Black Labrador.

The weather has been great - nice and warm in the 70's and clear with just a little breeze to keep my tummy cool when I sunbathe - but next week it's supposed to rain for a few days.  I guess I'll have to put off the sunbathing for a few days - oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment