Saturday, January 29, 2011

Galveston and another day on the beach!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dad kept his promise today and took Mom and me to Galveston.  They sure have HUGE beaches in Texas!  Lots of room to run and meet new friends.  Today we stopped on the sea wall in Galveston, then worked our way down the coast.  We stopped at one place and there were three BIG dogs - the only one I remember was Allie - she was young and liked to run with me.  One time she was chasing me and knocked me over and I slid about 10 feet on my head and back!  Mom wasn't quick enough with the camera to get that picture (thank goodness).  Anyway, we had a great time!



This is below the sea wall in Galveston - these beaches go
on for MILES!!


Look at how BIG this is!


Look out Allie - here I come!

UNCLE!  (Besides I need a rest!)

They build their beach houses on stilts here - no yard work this way!

Some interesting stats for you:

5,663   Miles between camp sites
13,757 Total miles driven
4,129   Photos taken (most of them of ME!)
38        Different camp sites
996     Gallons of gas
139     Days on the road (and Mom and Dad are still talking to each other!)





No comments:

Post a Comment