Friday, July 8, 2011

Day trip!

Friday, July 8, 2011

First thing I need to tell you - if you read yesterday's blog, we said we would load the "Bug Tent" picture later - well, it's later and the picture loaded.  Scroll down and take a look!

We took a day trip today to the Capitol of Vermont - Montpelier.  Then on the way home we went through Smugglers' Notch Pass, and that road went right by Ben and Jerry's Factory, so of course, we had to stop and see how they make that ice cream!  They start out with black and white cows.  Once they get the moo juice, they add sugar and eggs and then all the different flavors.  YUM - was that ever good! Then we stopped at Jeffersonville and Mom and Dad had lunch which was really good because Mom had a French Dip and they ate outside, which means the I got to sit with them and I got little bites as lunch progressed!  Some people seem to think I'm spoiled!  I'm not sure I know what that means, but I'm OK with it!

This road also goes to Stowe, VT, which is a famous ski hill.  It's really pretty here - it sure is GREEN - still.

As we drove the causeway back to the Island, Mom counted 8 nests of Ospreys and it looked like everybody was home and taking care of the "kids".

The causeway leaving the island this morning - sure is
calm today.



A pair of Ospreys tending their nest (darned power lines).


Vermont's capital building


Ben and Jerry's - YUUMMMM!













Part of the ski hill at Stowe



Waterfall with tiger lilies in the foreground
I'm not sure what Dad is in mind tomorrow, so I will let you all know when I know!

OH, and I forgot to wish my friend Neal a very Happy Birthday the other day on July 6th - sorry Neal, but we didn't post that day so, here it is now -
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEAL!
(We know where you are the next few days and we hope you and everybody else have a good time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment