Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Really getting serious about this now!


All our STUFF in boxes
 (Written September 15, 2010)

Well, there certainly have been a lot of changes around here.  Mom and Dad packed EVERYTHING, and what they didn't pack went outside and a bunch of people came over and gave Mom money and took stuff home with them. I guess they call that a Yard Sale.  Mom and Dad seemed pretty happy about that and I had fun because everybody made a fuss over me and I got some donut holes!

On September 2nd, my buddy Duke came to visit, and his Mom and Dad helped my Mom and Dad pack and move stuff around.  Duke and I just played the whole time they were here - Mom even let Duke come in the house to sleep (he has to stay outside when he is at home).  They took some stuff (mostly fresh halibut) and put it in their camper and then they left.

Lots of people had dinners for Mom and Dad and they said they really appreciated every one of them because they were soooo tired.  I got to go to one of the dinners last week and they had two little dogs and we ran and played the whole time - boy was I pooped when I got back to camp - I slept through the night and most of the next day.

On Labor Day (I guess that is a holiday), two men came to the house an started taking all the boxes out of the house and put them in a big truck.  The only bad thing about that is they took the bed and I had to lay on the FLOOR in the bedroom to take my sunbath!  Then we moved out into the trailer to sleep, but Mom and Dad took showers and made coffee in the house.  Oh, and Mom's job ended on September 10th, so she is home all the time now.

Our empty house!

THEN, three ladies came and cleaned everything and two days later two guys came and cleaned the carpets!  I'm not so sure I understand what is happening here, but it seems like we spend more time in the trailer now.

Last night, Mom and Dad left me in the trailer because they had to give the keys to the house to the lady that is moving in - so Mom said we are officially "homeless" and "on the road".  We moved the trailer this past Monday, (September 13th), to a RV park in Carson City.  Mom and Dad said we are going to stay here until next Monday, September 20th, and then we are going to take off for real because Mom and Dad are still "tweaking" our little home on wheels and fixing up a few things.  Mom says she needs to get the inside straightened up a little more, and Dad says he needs to get some things done on the outside.  It looks like we will be moving out on Monday and heading for the Bristle Cone Pine Forest first then I will put my nose back to the ground and find the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  (This weekend we will be going to the Basque Festival in Carson City.)

We noticed that a few of you are following along with this adventure, and hope you are enjoying these little stories.  We really enjoy reading your comments - so keep it up!!  Hopefully they will get more interesting as we move along.

2 comments:

  1. Hal, Lyn and Bessy: Well, time is flying for you too, I see. It is time to go. Brent and I wish you the best year ever and love your blog. Don't let Bessy get writers cramp. I love seeing her perspective of the world, about 8 inches off the ground. Take care. Love and kisses to all of you. Gog and Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...the picture of your empty house means you are really leaving...we will miss you so much! Take lots of pictures and write on Bessy's Blog often so we know where you are. Stay safe and God Bless you. We love you guys, Neli and Rocky

    ReplyDelete