Friday, September 24, 2010

Easy day...

Thursday (September 23rd) was an easy day.  We didn't go very far, but saw some really pretty country - finally got out of that desert.  When we left Cedar City, UT, we went through Cedar Breaks National Monument and they already have fall colors.  Beautiful aspen trees all along the route.

Fall colors in Cedar Breaks
National Monument
 Mom and Dad have decided to stay here in Hatch, UT, for at least three nites so we can go to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park.  We may do some other exploring while we are here too.  The weather is really nice - in the 80's during the day, but cool at night - in the 40's.

Mom is still tweaking the map at the right - if you click on the little "-" sign, it will zoom out so you can see our whole route.  Under the map, you can click on "View Bessy's Map in a larger map" to see a bigger map.

Dad is still in bed, but Mom and I are up and ready to go (almost - Mom still needs to get dressed).

We will see what the day brings - more photos I bet!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bessy, Hal and Lyn; You are really moving right across the country. I thought it would take a few extra days to get out of Carson, but when Bessy says, "Saddle Up, Partner" she must mean business. Good for you. I hope you have a great time checking out the sandstone in southern Utah. My youngest daughter, Natalie, and her husband, Scott, are running in the St. George Marathon next Saturday. It is supposed to be busy and hot. I can't imagine 8000 runners coming down out of those canyons. I wish I could catch that bug but I am pretty sure I am immuned to that one. If I want to go somewhere 26.6 miles away, I will get in a car and go there. Anyway, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete