Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Still waitin'.....

Monday, October 10, 2011

Well, not much new to report.  Mom and Dad are still waiting for that escrow thing to close.  The house inspector inspected the condo the other day and didn't find anything significant to report - only one little problem and Dad asked that the owner fix a leak under a sink (under the condo).  Mom and Dad went into the condo and measured the rooms, so now they have some idea of the space they are working with.

Mom and Dad have been shopping on line and have wish lists started for stuff they need to buy before we move in.  I think they have decided on what kind of doggie door I will get, and I think they are going to put hardwood down in the dining room, which won't take too long because it's a small area.

Mom took a bunch of pictures, but they didn't turn out too well because there is somebody living in the condo, so there is a lot of  "stuff" laying around.

The weather got kinda bad last week - snow in the mountains, but nothing down in Carson City except rain.  It's supposed to be back up in the 70's this week, so maybe I can work on my tummy freckles again.  Mom noticed that I am getting more black freckles on my white patches - Dad said it's because I am getting my winter coat - personally, I don't really care!

Dad and I have been going to the park and the river walk to get some exercise.  I even got to go to Mom's ex-bosses house a couple of times to play with their two dogs - Sage and Colt - they are dachshunds, and are fun to chase around (but, they sure are fast)!  Then our old neighbors had a little get together for us and I got to play with Hoss and Jack.  I guess dinner was really good, but the grownups didn't share anything with us - they had tri-tip and Dad did the Bar-B-Queing.  We just got snacks of ice cubes made out of chicken broth and Cheerios.  (Mom told me not to get too used to those ice cubes!)

This is Jack and me checking each other out - he's OK



This is me and Hoss checking out what Dad is cooking -
it was tri-tip and we didn't get any!

Mom had to go buy more yarn to keep her hands busy.  She has finished three afghans, and now is making dish cloths and place mats.  I think we better move quick before she starts making stuff for me and Dad!  The next thing you know, we will all have matching slippers!

I will keep you posted as things s-l-o-w-l-y move along........

No comments:

Post a Comment